Dr Topilitzin Contreras MacBeath had kindly offered to host the 2014 meeting of FFSG in March in Mexico. However, with an expected very high work load for spring 2014 year (largely due to emergency preparations for a predicted high volume of wildfires associated with extremely dry conditions), Topis has informed us that he cannot guarantee that he will be able to attend the meeting and will have very restricted time to help prepare for it. In consultation with Topis, our best opportunity is to postpone the meeting until later in the year – probably some time in October and November. This will also increase the possibility of securing funding support, in part, for the meeting.
Thank you for your understanding. We will provide further information early in 2014.