Following the successful FAITAG Elasmobranch workshop in 2013, Schönbrunner Tiergarten is pleased to announce the next workshop in Vienna this autumn. The goal of this workshop is to develop the strategy for freshwater fishes in public aquaria including the following topics:
• Developing the Regional Collection Plan for freshwater fishes in European collections.
• Looking at best practice for captive management and breeding of priority species.
• Expanding collaboration with IUCN to develop captive management protocols that facilitate species conservation.
• Establish the best way of working collaboratively with hobbyist groups, private breeders and zoos/aquariums outside of Europe.
• Integrating captive management with field based conservation initiatives, including a trip to the habitat of Umbra krameri – located in the Danube National Park!
To register please email:
Anton Weissenbacher: firstname.lastname@example.org